Wok of Love (2018)
|Wok of Love (2018–)|
|Rating: N/A/10 (N/A votes)|
Stars: In-ha Cha, Joo-Young Cha, Won-Myeong Choi, Hong Yoon Hwa
Genre: Drama, Romance
Released: 30 Apr 2018
|Plot: The series will take place in a Chinese restaurant. Chef Seo Poong, a chef who goes from being a star chef one day to the cook at a failing neighborhood Chinese restaurant the next. Dan Sae...|
Wok of Love (2018)
Wok of Love (Hangul: 기름진 멜로; RR: Gireumjin Mello; lit. Greasy Melo) is a 2018 South Korean television series starring Lee Jun-ho, Jang Hyuk and Jung Ryeo-won. It airs on SBS starting May 7, 2018 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 (KST) time slot.
A love story of 2 men and women hotter than the boiling oil in a sizzling hot wok. Across the street of the 6-star Hotel Giant, there stood a small and shabby Chinese restaurant ‘Hungry Wok’. Doo Chil-sung, the owner of the restaurant and a former gangster from the Big Dipper Gang, took over the restaurant in order to provide a place of work for his former gang members. One day, former star chef Seo Poong, and bankrupt heiress Dan Sae-woo, whose lives were turned upside down overnight, came to visit Chil-sung for his help to get them back on their feet
The first script reading took place in late March 2018.
Lee Jun-ho as Seo Poong
- A tough spirit who starts from the very bottom of a hotel kitchen to becoming a star chef in just 7 years. However, he doesn’t bend his philosophy in cooking and as a result he was kicked out. He ends up being the head chef of a neighborhood eatery named “Hungry Wok”.
- Jang Hyuk as Doo Chil-sung
- A former loan shark gangster from the ‘Big Dipper’ gang who seems intimidating but is overflowing with humanity. After serving his time in prison, he ends up running a Chinese restaurant.
- Jung Ryeo-won as Dan Sae-woo
- A chaebol heiress who enjoys horseback riding and fencing but currently bankrupt. She undergoes a major shift in her mindset after tasting a bowl of Jajangmyun at a Chinese restaurant.
People working in ‘Hungry Wok’
- Lee Mi-sook as Jin Jung-hye
- A beautiful and vivacious chaebol wife.
- Park Ji-young as Cha Suh-ja
- Chef of a Chinese restaurant who came to Korea from the Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture 25 years ago.
- Tae Hang-ho as Im Geok-jeong
- A timid restaurant helper who dreams about becoming a chef, and sees Seo Poong as his role model.
Members of ‘Big Dipper’ Gang
- Jo Jae-yoon as Oh Maeng-dal
- Right-hand man of Doo Chil-sung in the ‘Big Dipper’ gang. He began working in the Chinese restaurant after being released from prison, under the orders of Chil-sung.
- Kim Hyun-joon as Kwang Dong-sik
- A member of the ‘Big Dipper’ gang, the only married man among them. He is a warm-hearted person who wants to learn Chinese cooking skills as soon as possible in order not to worry his wife.
- Choi Ki-sub as Jeon Yi Man
- A gangster working in a Chinese restaurant who finds fighting easier than cooking
- Cha In-ha as Bong Chi-soo
- A member of the ‘Big Dipper’ gang, now a dumpling master who looks younger than his age and quick in calculations.
- Choi Won-myeong as Yang Kang-ho
- The youngest member of the ‘Big Dipper’ gang who is extremely loyal and strong.
- Lee Ki-hyuk as Na Oh-jik
- A successful obstetrician.
- Ok Ja-yeon as Lee Ji-kyung
- Wife of Maeng Sam-seon
- Lee Ki-young as Dan Seung-ki
- Father of Dan Sae-woo who has gone bankrupt
- Jang Hee-ryung as Lee Boon-hong
- Kwang Dong-sik’s wife. A room maid at the five-star hotel where Seo Poong worked as a chef. She who draws attention wherever she goes due to her pretty and sexy appearance.
- Shin Dong-yup as Bustler’s voice